Lifejacket Servicing in Panama guarantees that in case of emergency your Lifejacket is in optimal conditions and can help save your life
We are the leader in the supply, inspection, testing and maintenance of safety and survival equipment.
We have a strong reputation for reliability of service and workmanship. Our work is always of a high standard and our technical ability is continuously being upgraded with the latest equipment, facilities and training. With many years experience to our name, we ensure your equipment receives only the very best care and attention throughout its entire safety lifecycle.
All lifejackets serviced at Oceanco will be subjected to a rigorous inspection by a fully qualified technician to ensure it is fit for purpose and maximise its performance if needed in an emergency.
Lifejacket Servicing in Panama
Key tasks that will be carried out as part of the servicing procedure include:
- Perform a lifejacket inspection and advise if the lifejacket can be serviced or needs to be replaced
- An opportunity for components to be stripped down, so that all the valves and seals, normally hidden behind various components, are also tested. Any expired, worn or perished parts will be replaced (additional costs may be incurred for the parts, just like a vehicle service at your local car garage)
- A pressure test and mechanism test will be performed to ensure the bladder is in working order
- Any general observations that you should be made aware of will be highlighted including any service bulletins or advisories that may have occurred for this product
- On repacking the lifjacket, the service station will pay particular attention to ensuring it is repacked correctly and will work if activated in an emergency
- The accredited service station will keep a test report recording how the lifejacket performed. Then in the event of an issue, this test report can be consulted
Crewsaver Lifejacket Servicing Mandatory Requirement
We would always recommend an annual service however depending on your operation and the approval authority you are governed by it may also be a legal requirement.
SOLAS – If you are operating under SOLAS professional lifejacket servicing is a legal requirement and must be performed annually
ISO – The MCA state that the owner should follow the manufactures guidelines for servicing, in this case this means performing a professional service annually